Now Hiring - Digital Marketing Executive, Handforth, Cheshire
Avalon are the UK’s most trusted funeral plan provider. Over the past 25 years, we have helped more than 70,000 customers in the UK and Europe feel reassured that their future is planned and paid for.
Our reputation is built on the trust of our customers. Our team are highly trained and adhere to strict compliance standards to ensure that we provide the right products and the highest level of service possible in a busy industry sector.
Avalon’s Digital Marketing team are at the forefront of our lead generation activities, helping to supply our contact team with compliant and high quality leads each day from across our marketing channels.
As an employer, we have a warm, friendly and ambitious culture. We invest heavily on training and development and offer a range of lifestyle and wellbeing programmes to ensure our teams feel supported whilst maintaining a healthy work / life balance.
As a key member of a small marketing team, you will support the Digital Marketing Manager and Marketing Director in delivering the business' marketing objectives. Using a broad knowledge of marketing techniques, you will be hands-on and ready for every challenge in an organisation where digital marketing is at the heart of all lead generation activity. You will be responsible for all digital content, and will have a major impact in the objective of improving lead conversion rates across the group.
Task and responsibilities
Working closely with the Digital Marketing Manager, you will assess and select the appropriate marketing mix for each campaign, including direct marketing, online/digital marketing, advertising and promotion to ensure we maximise cost benefit. With a full understanding of our business and user-centred design, you will be an expert in effectively marketing to our unique customer base.
You will be responsible for:
Roles and Responsibilities
- End-to-end management of multi-channel marketing campaigns
- Tracking and analysing statistical data such as website activity, performance of marketing strategies, ROI and provide regular internal reports
- Continually working on the Search Engine Optimisation of the group websites
- Liaising with our external specialist digital agencies to feedback performance KPIs, business requirements and other relevant information
- Managing/supporting the group’s apps and online tools to drive engagement with our customers and potential customers
- Identifying new trends in digital marketing, evaluating new technologies and ensuring the brand is at the forefront of industry developments
- Developing, scheduling and monitoring social media campaigns, both organic and paid
- Creating and editing assets for the website, social media and printed collateral where required using Adobe Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator
- Writing, designing and building email campaigns and automation journeys
- Using CMS to manage and publish website content
- Monitoring inbound customer enquiries
- Managing leads within the CRM, including reporting, setting up new campaigns and lead sources, monitoring lead performance
- Working closely with our sales team to optimise outbound and inbound campaigns
- In addition to these duties, you may be required to undertake other reasonable duties as required by the business from time to time.
Developing and overseeing outreach and link-building campaigns, creating engaging and informative content to share with relevant websites and affiliates
Key Competencies, Skills and Experience
You will be highly motivated, focussed and passionate about providing our customers with the best possible experience. You will have experience in a similar role within a lead generation environment, and be confident in a fast paced, commercially focused marketing team.
In addition, you will:
- Be analytical with a track record of identifying opportunities to improve performance across our digital channels. Experience with platforms such as Google Analytics, AdWords, Search
- Console, SEMRush, Moz, Hootsuite preferable.
- Have excellent prioritisation skills, and be able to successfully balance multiple projects and resources simultaneously
- Have experience managing and reporting commercial KPIs
- Have a basic knowledge of HTML and CMS experience
- Have strong content marketing and communication skills, considering SEO best practices and the end-to-end funnel journey in all campaigns
- Have experience with budget management in a marketing role
- Be confident reporting to Senior Management team and Key Stakeholders
- Understand GDPR considerations for B2C organisations
What we have to offer
In addition to a competitive salary, we offer a contributory pension, Perkbox membership with Rewards, Recognition and Wellness portals. Also:
- Opportunities for flexible working
- Regular coaching and support
- Increasing annual leave up to 33 days including bank holidays
- Discounted cinema tickets
- Fun and vibrant working environment
We are a dynamic Company with a strong, supportive and friendly culture. Offering coaching and training where necessary, you are able to develop your skills and maximise progression opportunities.