Inspirational life quotesAugust 30 2018
These famous quotes about love and life are the perfect mottos to live your life by and make the most of every day.
- “Be happy for this moment. This moment is your life.” – Omar Khayyam
This positive life quote from Persian poet Omar Khayyam is all about living in the moment and enjoying it.
- “Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance, you must keep moving.” – Albert Einstein
The famous physicist wrote this inspirational saying to his son Eduard in a letter in 1930.
- “To succeed in life, you need three things: a wishbone, a backbone and a funny bone.” – Reba McEntire
In this uplifting quote, American actress and singer Reba McEntire says that we all need hope, courage and a good sense of humour.
- “God gave us the gift of life; it is up to us to give ourselves the gift of living well.” – Voltaire
A French writer and philosopher, Voltaire was known for his thoughtful quotes about life.
- “Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards.” – Soren Kierkegaard
This famous Danish philosopher sums up the paradox of living in this famous quote.
- “Life is a song – sing it. Life is a game – play it. Life is a challenge – meet it. Life is a dream – realise it. Life is a sacrifice – offer it. Life is love – enjoy it.” – Sai Baba
Hindu religious leader Sai Baba captures the essence of a happy life in this beautiful inspirational quote.
- “We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give.” – Winston Churchill
In this inspirational message, the famous Prime Minister highlights the importance of helping others.
- “Life is the flower for which love is the honey.” – Victor Hugo
This is a beautiful quote about life and love from the author of Les Misérables and The Hunchback of Notre-Dame.
- “Life is like the ocean, it goes up and down.” – Vanessa Paradis
Through the good times and the bad, life ebbs and flows, says French musician Vanessa Paradis.
- “The more sand has escaped from the hourglass of our life, the clearer we should see through it.” – Niccolo Machiavelli
This Medieval Italian politician highlighted the value of experience in this powerful quote about life.
- “The purpose of our lives is to be happy.” – Dalai Lama
Simply put by His Holiness, this inspirational quote summarises the true meaning of life.
- “Life is what happens while you are busy making other plans.” – Allen Saunders
This witty life quote is also in the lyrics to John Lennon’s song Beautiful Boy.
- “Life is a lot like jazz… It’s best when you improvise.” – George Gershwin
American composer George Gershwin knew that sometimes in life you have to follow your own melody.
- “Life itself is the most wonderful fairy-tale.” – Hans Christian Andersen
The creator of many classic fairy-tales, this Danish author knew that magic is real, not just fiction.
- “Life is a great sunrise. I do not see why death should not be an even greater one.” – Vladimir Nabokov
This famous quote about life and death is an inspirational message for anyone who believes in an afterlife.
- “Our prime purpose in this life is to help others. And if you can’t help them, at least don’t hurt them.” – Dalai Lama
Another inspirational quote from the Dalai Lama, about the importance of helping other people.
- “Try to be a rainbow in someone’s cloud.” – Maya Angelou
This uplifting quote from American poet Maya Angelou reminds you to always try to brighten someone’s day.
- “In the end, it’s not the years in your life that count. It’s the life in your years.” – Abraham Lincoln
Attributed to this famous U.S. President, this quote gets to the heart of what really matters in life.
- “You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.” – Mae West
Mae West’s inspirational quote reminds everyone to make the most of the time they have.
- “Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.” – William Shakespeare
The Bard’s witty, short inspirational quote is the perfect rule to live your life by.
- “Life’s too mysterious to take too serious.” – Mary Engelbreit
This funny and uplifting quote is a great reminder to never take yourself too seriously.
- “Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we’re here, we should dance.” – Anonymous
Always make the most of life and enjoy yourself while you can.
- “Keep your face always toward the sunshine, and shadows will fall behind you.” – Walt Whitman
Famous poet Walt Whitman knew the secret to living a happy life.
- “We all have two lives. The second one starts when we realise we only have one.” – Confucius
The Chinese philosopher reminds us that you can only start appreciating life when you treasure every day.
- “The bad news is time flies. The good news is you’re the pilot.” – Michael Altshuler
This witty, inspirational quote is about taking control of your life and making the most of your time.
- “The tragedy of life is not that it ends so soon, but that we wait so long to begin it.” – W. M. Lewis
Start making the most of life now, says American teacher and politician W.M. Lewis.
- “Where there is love, there is life.” – Mahatma Ghandi
Ghandi reminds us that life and love are always intertwined with this powerful quote.
- “Only a life lived for others is a life worthwhile.” – Albert Einstein
Another famous quote from Einstein, reminding us that helping others is the key to a good life.
- “Love the life you live. Live the life you love.” – Bob Marley
Reggae legend Bob Marley inspires listeners to seize the moment and love every day.
- “Live in the sunshine, swim the sea, drink the wild air.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
This philosopher gives us three ways to enjoy life more in this uplifting quote.
Discover more beautiful quotes to say goodbye to a loved one and remembrance poems. If you’ve got a favourite quote or saying that you live by, make sure your loved ones know to include it in your memorial service. When you buy a funeral plan with Avalon, you can make personal requests so your loved ones know exactly what you would have w