What is Repatriation?
In the case of a fatal accident or unexpected death abroad, one of the biggest concerns of the bereaved family is to return the remains of their loved one home – a process called repatriation.
For those forced to deal with this terrible circumstance, repatriation can seem to be a daunting and complex task, as it involves a large amount of communication with different countries – often in different languages – before the body can be brought home.
With Avalon, there is support in place to make the process of repatriation as straight-forward as possible.
Working alongside the Foreign and Commonwealth Office in the UK and the local British Consulate, Avalon will be able to help you navigate any obstacles that may arise to help mini- mise any emotional stress
￼Avalon repatriation services include:
- Full international repatriation services to and from any country
- Advice from Avalon experts on all repatriation documentation and coffin requirements for:
- UK authorities
- All embassies and consulates
- All major airlines
- Documentation delivery service for embassies and consulates in London.
- Delivery of Home Office application for cremation.
- Translation of official documents, i.e. death certificates, invoices and reports etc, to alleviate potential language barriers.
- Services for freight booking, family ticket booking and airway bill production.
- Nationwide collection and delivery service from our dedicated team of professionals
- Unsealing of the repatriation coffin and removal of the metal lining (all coffins must conform to international shipping regulations).